We all love a good bargain right?
Especially now that our economy is in the crapper.
I’m scared and I know a lot of other people are too. It looks like I’ll be working until I’m 90….that is if I live that long.
I do use coupons, but only on things I need. I don’t buy things for the sake of buying them because that’s just inventory & I don’t want that stuff lying around my house.
In my opinion everything eventually goes on sale. Everything.
If I see something I really like in the store I generally wait a few months until the end of season sales hit. You can usually find the same item for 25%-75% of what it was originally priced. Just be patient.
I also sign up for a lot of store mailing lists. Whether it’s by postal mail or email, it pays to get on the mailing list and get coupons. Just by visiting a company’s website and signing up for emails I’ve gotten tons of coupons and deals! (I usually use my “trash” email account…you know the one you only use for un-important stuff)
These are a few of the bargains I’ve gotten lately :
* The purple fleece is a Patagonia Women’s El Cap Jacket. It retails for $100 & I got it for $25!
* The cream jacket is a Patagonia Women’s R4 Jacket. It retails for $250 & I got it for $60!
A few weeks ago I got an email from Pier 1. It was a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon. I used it three days in a row and got some awesome stuff!
* I got a couple of these glittery pumpkins. They retail for $5.95 each, but with my coupon I only paid $1.90.
* The next day I picked up the swirly pumpkin place mat & some other kitchen goodies for FREE!!!
* The last day I found this :
A spice cake scented owl candle, normally $12, but I only paid $2!
I don’t know if you’ve heard, but Border’s Bookstore
is going out of business. I’m so sad about this because I just adore Borders 🙁 BUT
-On the other hand everything in the store is on major sale!
*I picked up several Papyrus
cards. They normally are pretty expensive and range from $5-$7 per card. I scored a whole bunch for $1-$2 each.
* I also scored the Macbeth notepads
, normally $7.50 each, for less than $3 each!
I’m sure there are more things I’m forgetting right now….
What deals have you scored lately???