So last night I decided to “get my bake” on. I wanted to sport my new apron and prance around the kitchen like the domestic goddess that I am. Ha…ha…ha..
This is what happens when you are trying to bake these days. Ahem….the apron also has pockets so you can stuff goldfish in there so when your child whines you can throw them a bone.
I tried out a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies. They turned out delicious! I don’t like hard cookies, so I was on the hunt for a soft chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found one and it worked like magic!
I know this because this morning after the cookies had been sitting out all night they were still soft.
I love this scooper. Everyone should have one. I use it for cake balls and it’s the greatest invention ever!
• 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 cups butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (this is the magic ingredient!)
• 4 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
• 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
I just want to remember this little tidbit about my baby. He is so funny!!! He walks around the house and talks on the cell phones. Dude is obsessed with cell phones! Wonder where he gets this from?
My twinkie Bonnie made him that 4th of July shirt. Isn’t it cute??? She’s so talented and she even started her own Etsy boutique! Thank you Aunt Bonnie we love our shirt and we love YOU!
Also check out my book review for BlogHer book club on Sarah Dessen’s new book “What Happened to Goodbye” It’s a great summer read!