New York – Days 2 & 3

RECAP THE REST OF OUR TRIP: HERE, HERE, & HERE
Friday Summer took off work to show us around the city.  It was so nice having her with us that day!  We started out at Dean & Deluca.  I’ve always wanted to go there.  I used to watch Felicity on TV and I remember her working there in NYC and the food always looked delicious!
Look at all those fresh veggies
And the chocolate oh my!
Pretty flowers
We also saw ground zero.  It’s a big construction zone right now.  I can’t believe it’s been almost 10 years since 9-11.  It’s crazy how much progress they’ve made and how different everything looks now.  In the museum they had pictures of all the debris after the towers fell and it was a complete disaster!  It was nice to see something positive going up in a place where such devastation had taken place.
Gone but never forgotten.

New building going up in corner of ground zero

The above is a model of what the memorial will look like when finished.  The two pools are where the towers stood.  Everyone who died on 9-11 will have their names engraved on the site.

A beam from one of the towers in the shape of a cross found after it fell
We also had a carriage ride around Central Park.  We got in the purple carriage….GO TCU!!!

Summer & I

Summer feeding the horse a carrot :)
Visiting FAO Schwartz toy store
Next Up :
TIMES SQUARE

Summer & I warming our cold selves with a cup of hot chocolate!
Next Up:
CHINA TOWN / LITTLE ITALY

Uhm…not so sure I would eat this?
 Fishy Fishy
 Little Italy

Headed back to Summer & Adam’s to get ready to go to the airport :(
 Such a sweet couple

We love ya’ll!!!!  Thanks for the best trip ever :)
This is the view from their rooftop.
Isn’t it amazing how you can see the Brooklyn Bridge in the background?
 New York we had a great visit….until next time….
xoxo
Becky & Terence

About thejavamama

I am a 30-ish year old wife, mom, photography lover, & coffee junkie. I’m from Arkansas, but currently live in Fort Worth, Texas. I am a twin. I work full time & live for the weekends…sometimes it’s hard to manage it all, but with God I can do anything! This blog is my scrapbook through life & a way to keep in touch with family & friends.

15 Responses to New York – Days 2 & 3

1. Anonymous says:

Beautiful pics…looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing :) -Jessica

2. wholeheart says:

One item in my bucket list – a carriage ride through Central Park. Loved seeing your pics! ~Pat

3. jen mccrady says:

SO jealous you went to Dean & Deluca! I’m obsessed with Felicity :)

4. i adore you both! it was such a good time and we want you to come back soon!

5. carrie1 says:

What great pictures of you and Summer. =)

6. Summer went on and on about how amazing your camera was, and she’s right–your pictures are incredible! You should totally have one of those photo books made. So pretty!

Oh man, how I love Felicity. I was so psyched the first time I set foot in a Dean & Deluca! If only Javier, Ben, & Felicity had been there . . . now we have one up in Napa, but it’s not quite the same as in NYC and it’s so dang expensive!

Maybe next time I see you it will be in San Francisco! :)

7. Linds says:

what an awesome trip!

8. Cheri says:

Hi, been following your blog for a while. I’m an empty nester, get a kick reading about your little guy. Never been one to comment, until now. Saying your New York pics are GREAT don’t justify …. I live in a small town, NEVER have to wanted visit ” THE BIG APPLE”. Girl you have changed all that!! LOL Your pics are amazing, looks like you had a great time. Maybe my husband & I will have to wander that way in our travels.

9. Emily says:

What a fun trip! Isn’t NYC the best place to visit? You guys did a ton!!

I LOVE Felicity! Have you seen Noel on Grey’s Anatomy recently? I get excited every time and still call him Noel (who’s his character on Grey’s?…I don’t even know).

Glad you had a great time!

10. I just loved all of these posts. I watched Felicity too and even have it on DVD. Dean and Deluca is one of my favorite places in the city!!!

11. Tristan says:

I’m so glad you got to go meet summer in person..AWESOME!!
    I LOVE ALL THE PICS..thanks so much for sharing!!!

12. Michelle says:

You went to Chinatown and you didn’t eat Peking Duck?! ;) For shame, for shame! You know I’m just kidding. I know it looks scary hanging in the window, but take it from me…it’s guud. Yep, good with two U’s instead of two O’s. But, I’m half-Chinese so I may be a little biased.

Oh, yeah…that chocolate display from Dean & Deluca? I die. I’ll take one of each, please!!

So glad you had a fun trip and very jealous you got to spend time with your triplet!!

xo

13. Romax love says:

Your pictures are amazing, now I’m more excited about my trip to the greatest city in the world.

14. Erica says:

You look so cute in all of your pictures! I love the market and the flower photos…so colorful and springy!

15. mstalcup says:

Looks like you guys had a great trip! I LOVE NYC…love it!

Felicity – gosh, I use to LOVE that show…