1. I won a signed copy of Mindy Kaling’s book “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?” Let me just profess my love for Mindy. She reminds me so much of the every day girl and I just love her attitude about life and her size and not fitting the mold of perfection that Hollywood is known for. She’s an amazing writer and actress and I can’t wait for season 2 of “The Mindy Project”. If you are looking for a good laugh watch that show! Mindy is so relatable and I’m so excited for her career and the way it’s taking off after The Office.
2. Kendra Scott was having a sale over Labor Day weekend and I visited when my sister was in town. I absolutely LOVE This ring! I got it on major sale and have literally worn it every day since because it goes with everything.
3. It’s 70-something degrees today. Can I get an Amen??? This is Texas after all. Enter my insertion of fall everything smell in my car. This Absolutely Autumn by Yankee is not overkill and smells amazeballs!
4. I posted on Instagram last week how I was looking for an under eye concealor. My friend Claire came to my rescue. She recommended Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. Works like a charm. It’s got a bit of a pink undertone and works really well! She also recommended Jordana Best Lash Mascara. You can only find it at Walgreens, but for $3 I was surprised how well I liked it!
5. I ordered the CUTEST labels the other day. I’ve been using them on my stuff and all the things in Connor’s backpack: school supplies, folders, toys. These are from Kidecals and you can go and create any sort of label you can dream up! They are waterproof, thick, and very versatile. These labels come in sheets with all different sizes too!
Happy weekend Lovelies!!! Enjoy your family and friends!
Your hosts are LISA (Coastlined), JEN (The Arizona Russums), BECKY (The Java Mama) and NICOLE (Three 31). The link up instructions are simple: answer the prompts in a post on your blog. Then, add the post to the collection list using the link below. Next week’s prompts are located at the bottom of this post.
CHALLENGE FOR YOU … visit at least three (3) blogs and comment on their “Finish This” post. Even if you don’t know the person, introduce yourself and leave a genuine comment. If you know a blogger who would like to participate in this link up, invite them to join us. Blogging is about building communities!
1. I am serious about
I’m serious about my family, religion, and coffee. Not necessarily in that order…
When push comes to shove my family is #1. I know it may not always show, but it’s true. I couldn’t imagine life without them. Of course God is the center of our lives. We always try to be mindful of the things we do and the decisions we make with a God-centered attitude. And coffee…well, not all coffee is created equal. I can definitely tell that when you take away all the sugar and syrup and try a plain old shot of espresso…you can definitely tell the difference!
2. I am most relaxed when
My life is in order. My house is clean. I have a blank slate and nothing to do but relax and just chill out and de-stress. Also, a massage doesn’t hurt
3. There’s no place like
My Nannie and Papa’s house. The farm is the one place in my life that has always been consistent. It’s where my Mom grew up. We moved around a lot because my Dad was in the Army, but we always knew when we were at the farm we were HOME.
Invite your blogging friends and come back next Wednesday for another round of Finish This where we’ll answer another set of prompts!
Prompt for WEEK 37 — September 17
I’m the type of person who
My favorite joke or riddle is
All that really matters is
I’m so excited for all the new fall TV shows coming out! During the summer there are a few things on…but you know how it goes. They always leave you hanging until the premiers in the fall.
Here are two new shows I’m looking forward to this fall:
Black-ish (Reminds me of a modern day Cosby show)
Premieres Wednesday, September 24th 8:30pm on ABC
Andre ‘Dr’ Johnson (Anthony Anderson) has a great job, a beautiful wife, Rainbow (Tracee Ellis Ross), four kids and a colonial home in the ‘burbs. But has success brought too much assimilation for this black family? With a little help from his dad (Laurence Fishburne), Dre sets out to establish a sense of cultural identity for his family that honors their past while embracing the future.
black-ish stars Anthony Anderson as Dre, Tracee Ellis Ross as Rainbow, Yara Shahidi as Zoey, Marcus Scribner as Andre Jr., Miles Brown as Jack, Marsai Martin as Diane and Laurence Fishburne as Pops.
Clips from the show HERE
Premieres Friday, October 10th 7:30pm on ABC
In her sixth year of law school, Cristela (Cristela Alonzo) is finally on the brink of landing her first big (unpaid) internship at a prestigious law firm. The only problem is that her pursuit of success is more ambitious than her traditional Mexican-American family thinks is appropriate. She’s stuck straddling the old culture she’s trying to modernize at home with her working-class family and the modern world she’s trying to embrace in her professional career. Breakout comedian Cristela Alonzo stars in this hilarious comedy about laughing your way down the path of the new American dream.
Cristela stars Cristela Alonzo as Cristela, Carlos Ponce as Felix, Terri Hoyos as Natalia, Andrew Leeds as Josh, and Sam McMurray as Trent.
Clips from the show HERE
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THIS FALL???
There’s just something about fall that renews my soul. The crisp air and the feeling of renewal. Knowing the holiday season is just around the corner. People just seem to be nicer during that time of year.
Yes, it’s busy. School is back in swing & everyone is getting back on their own schedules. I’m starting to pull out my scarves and boots again anticipating the day it drops below 80 degrees outside. I love the colors of orange and red all around me.
I imagine myself on the streets of NYC at Dean and Deluca getting a coffee and scone
I don’t care much for Pumpkin Spice Lattes…imagine that? I do however secretly wish Starbys will do an early launch for the Christmas beverages so I can get an eggnog fix.
Football season is here. No matter how many rants and raves you see on Facebook…remember don’t take it personal. It’s just football! Let them rant and rave because at least they believe in the value of a “team”.
Should I change my hair color for fall? Nah…I’m getting gray hair. I just need a good highlight. Remember that time you decided to dye your hair dark because you were in the midst of reading the Twilight series and thought it sounded cool? Yeah…that was awesome.
Enjoy this season of life because you will never get it back. Cherish your family, but don’t forget to take care of yourself either.
Just because everything at the store comes in “Pumpkin Spice” scent doesn’t mean you NEED it! Ha! It’s hard for me to walk past that aroma and not want to fill every nook and cranny of my home (and car) with the feeling of fall.